Terms and Conditions
RPM (Rioten Property Management) Ltd (“RPM”)
Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms”) thoroughly. They are a legal document and grant rights and responsibilities to users of the RPM (Rioten Property Management) Ltd website (“the Site”). You can print them or store them for later reference. By your continued use of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
If after reading these Terms you do not agree to be bound by them, please exit the Site immediately.
This agreement applies to the User of this Web Site, “You”, “Your” The Site is provided by RPM (Rioten Property Management) Ltd website (“us/we“). Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon Your first use of the Web Site. If You do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, You should stop using the Web Site immediately.
You may not cause any trouble, irritation or inconvenience to RPM, RPM's customers or users of the Site. You agree to reimburse RPM against any costs, claims, expenses or legal proceedings that may be taken as a result of your use of the Site.
You agree that you will not use the website, or any information provided by RPM to send, receive, distribute, store, or otherwise deal with any material which is defamatory, offensive, illegal, obscene, in relation to the intellectual property rights of others in breach of such rights, or breaches any duty of confidentiality by which you are bound.
You agree not to use the Website in any way that may be connected with the distribution of multiple unsolicited emails.
You agree to indemnify RPM against any costs, claims, expenses or legal proceedings that may be taken as a result of breach of any of the Terms & Conditions contained in these Terms. Further, RPM may at any time withdraw any access and privileges that you may have to the Site or any other services, or areas provided by them, if you are in contravention of any of the Terms or Conditions contained herein.
As the customer, you are required to verify information displayed by RPM in relation to your property and will advise RPM of any mistakes. Any material alterations that may affect a property's description post instruction must be informed to RPM by you.
If you are under the age of 18 you should use this Web Site only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by, or with the permission of, the account holder.
These Terms and Conditions also apply to customers procuring Services in the course of business.
- In relation to the exclusions in Clause “Third Party Intellectual property” of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of RPM, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Web Site You understand that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- In relation to “Fair Use of Intellectual Property” You may not duplicate, imitate, distribute, store or in any other manner re-use information from the RPM Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given direct written permission to do so by RPM.
Third Party Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise specifically specified, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
In relation to “Fair Use of Intellectual Property” You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
Fair Use of Intellectual Property
Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of RPM or that of our affiliates. We assume no liability for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Links to this Web Site
If you wish to place a link to the RPM (Rioten Property Management) Ltd website on other sites you may do so only with our permission. To find out more please contact us by email at email@example.com or by post to RPM (Rioten Property Management) Ltd, Interchange 1st Floor, 81-85 Station Rd, Croydon CR0 2AJ
Use of Communications Facilities
When registering with RPM or the use of any other System on the Web Site You should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or offensive language;
- You must not submit Information that is unlawful or otherwise unacceptable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- You must not provide information that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- It is recommended that submissions are made using the English language as We may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- You must not pretend to be other people, especially employees and representatives of RPM or our associates; and
- You are not to use RPM Systems for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- You accept that RPM has the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
To obtain services on this Web Site and to use the facilities You are required to create an Account which will store certain personal details and Payment Information which may differ based on your use of the Web Site as We may not need payment information until You need to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Web Site You agree that:
- all information You submit is accurate and honest;
- You have received permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be needed; and
- You will maintain this information to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
Creation of an Account is additional confirmation of Your representation and warranty.
- We recommended You do not share Your Account details, particularly Your username and password. RPM takes no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of Your Account details being shared by You. Should You share a device, we recommend You not save Your Account details in the internet browser.
- should Your Account details be obtained by someone without Your consent, You should contact RPM immediately to suspend Your Account and cancel any unauthorised activities or payments which may be pending. Please be advised orders or payments can only be cancelled up until provision of Services has commenced. In the event should an unauthorised provision begin before we have been informed of the unauthorised nature of the order or payment, RMP will suspend provision of Services and the withdrawal of any scheduled payments pending investigation. After the investigation has been carried out, we will concluded whether or not to cancel the Services and make a full or partial refund of the payment.
- When creating an Account, You are required to adhere to the terms set out in the use of communications Facilities. Failure to do so may result in the suspension and/or termination of Your Account.
Termination and Cancellation
- Your Account can be terminated either by You or RPM. If your Account is terminated by us, You will receive a notification by email with and explanation will be provided to you. Despite the above, RPM has the right to terminate without providing a reasons.
- Should RPM terminate your Account, any current or pending orders or payments on your Account will be cancelled and provision of Services will not commence.
- We reserve the right to cancel orders or payments without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment or commencing Services provision.
- Where any orders or payments are cancelled for any reason before the start of Services provision You will be reimbursed any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
- Should You terminate your Account any uncompleted orders or payments will be cancelled, and You will be reimbursed any monies paid in relation to those orders.
- If you are a prospective Tenant and have forwarded a payment to RPM in order to process your application, You must make sure RPM and any chosen representatives are provided with any relevant information, as requested, so to determine Your suitability to rent a specific property. Such details must be provided within 7 days of such a request for information, otherwise the service will be cancelled, however a refund will not be due under these circumstances.
- You have the right to cancel the agreement within 14 days in relevant circumstances according to the Consumer contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) regulations 2013.
- If You agree to the provision of services or an appointment date within 7 days of your order, You accept the Contract commences immediately and therefore waive your right to cancellation. Where there is a property listings You agree for RPM to provide the Services to You immediately.
- Should the return of goods be required as part of your cancellation request, You agree to return them to RPM at your own cost within 14 days of cancellation.
- Many of the products and Services offered by RPM is aimed for private landlords, and as such RPM are not able to accept requests from Letting Agents or Estate Agents. Should RPM identify You are either a Letting Agent or Estate Agent Your account will be cancelled, and You will not be offered a refund.
- Application, administration and referencing fees paid by or on behalf of prospective Tenants are non-refundable.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
Services, Pricing and Availability
- We have made every effort to ensure that all descriptions of Services available from RPM correspond to the actual Services, RPM will not be liable for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude RPM liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether.
- Where suitable, You may need to select the necessary package of service.
- RMP will not represent or permit that such Services will be available. Availability indications are not provided on the Web Site
- All pricing listing on the RPM Web Site is correct at the time of going online. RPM holds the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- Should the prices alter during the period between an order being placed for Services and RPM administering that order and taking payment, provision of Services shall commence as per Your order and You will be charged the original price.
- All prices shown on the Web Site include VAT.
Provision of Services
- All requirement of Services will begin when full payment has been received or as otherwise specified in the Terms & Conditions relating directly to those Services.
- RPM will provide its best efforts for the Services with sufficient skill and care.
- Specific Services are supplied by third parties and as such RPM are not liable for any failings on their behalf.
- Requirement of all Services shall be subject to the terms and conditions relating directly to those Services.
- In a situation where Services are provided which are not in agreement with Your order and therefore incorrect, You should contact us within 10 days to notify us of the mistake. RPM will make sure that any required corrections to the Services offered are made within 7 working days.
- RPM has the right to exercise discretion with respect to any changes to Services under the requirements of this Clause “Provision of services”. Reasons which may be considered in the use of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
- Any use or enjoyment that You may have already derived from the Services.
- Any feature or quality of the Services which may mean that end of provision is impossible without significant further work on the part and at the expense of RPM.
RMP will exercise such discretion within the boundaries of the law.
We will share results, including any personal data, received during the course of the tenant and guarantor referencing process with the Landlord, in order for RPM to provide them with support on their decision whether or not to enter into a tenancy agreement with the Tenant(s).
- RPM makes no guarantee or representation that the Web Site will meet Your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a specific purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure, and that all information provided will be accurate. RPM make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
- No part of this Web Site is meant to provide advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions
RPM has the right to alter the Web Site, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time You use the Web Site following the changes. Should RPM need to make any changes to Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by You in the future.
Availability of the Web Site
RPM Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no guarantee the Service will be free of errors or faults. To the highest extent permitted by law RPM will not provide any guarantees (express or implied) of fitness for a specific objective, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
RPM takes no accountability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site as a result from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
Limitation of Liability
- To the highest extent permitted by law, RPM holds no accountability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
- Under these Terms and Conditions nothing prevents or limits RPM liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of RPM.
- Under these Terms and Conditions nothing prevents or limits RPM liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Web Site.
- RPM will endeavour to make sure these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant requirements of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
Should any party to these Terms and Conditions fail to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the requirements of these Terms and Conditions shall stand unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
All notices and communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises RPM (Rioten Property Management) Ltd, Interchange 1st Floor, 81-85 Station Rd, Croydon CR0 2AJ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice will be considered received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between You and RPM shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of the United Kingdom and RPM and You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the United Kingdom.
Additional Terms and Conditions
By accessing the RPM Website and/or ticking the relevant box within the application process You agree that you;
- Fully understand and agree to be bound by all RPM’s Terms and Conditions.
- Fully understand the advertising, letting and property services that RPM offer.
- Understand RPM are unable to guarantee that Your property will be let.
- Agree RPM Service is satisfactory for Your needs.
- Will pay in full all monies due for all selected Goods and Services in advance, where its applicable.
- The resources and help pages, available on the RPM Website are provided as guides and should be treated as such.
- We are fully dedicated to offering a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong, Rioten advises you to tell us about it. This will provide us with support of where we need to improve our services. Should you need to report a complaint, please ask for a copy of our Internal Complaints Procedure on how to lodge a complaint.
- RPM will respond in line with the timeframes set out within the procedure. In the event you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Redress Scheme www.theprs.co.uk, to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter.